About the Author
Drew Cline is President of the Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy, a New Hampshire-based free-market think tank.
- NH Zoning Atlas Offers Groundbreaking Insight Into Local Building Restrictions
- Why No One Knows What an ‘Adequate Education’ Costs
- Hey, New Hampshire — The Rich Folks Are Coming!
- CLINE: Going Backwards on Licensing Reform
- Why Universal School Choice Would Help All NH Students
- Boondoggle: State Study Shows Soaring Costs, Plunging Ridership for Commuter Rail
- As Legislators Debate Minimum Wage Hikes, the Market Is Pushing Wages Higher on Its Own
- The Many Benefits of a Court Docket for Land Use Cases
- Humbug! Scrooge Would Want Fewer Apartments
- How a Federal Agency Put New Englanders in Danger to Protect an Industry From Competition
- New England Enters Winter ‘Basically Crossing our Fingers and Hoping’ for no Blackouts
- CLINE: Fairs Make Us Happy Because They’re Markets
- WHAT Teacher Shortage?
- New Hampshire’s Chosen Commuter Rail Partner Has a Dismal Safety Record
- New Hampshire’s 10-Year Energy Strategy Puts Consumers First
- IRS Data Show Migration From High-Tax To Lower-Tax States, Including New Hampshire
- Green Energy Proposals Wouldn’t Lower NH Utility Bills
- In Last Half Century, Manchester Limited Its Own Growth by Limiting New Housing
- Granite Staters Say They Want More Housing in Their Communities
- NHGOP Legislators Push Student Loan Forgiveness for One Local Industry
- How NH Could Increase Access to Justice Through Occupational Licensing Reform
- Businesses Are Raining Cash on the State Budget
- From Vaccines to Banks, N.H. Sees Misguided Efforts To Restrict Freedom in the Name of Liberty
- The Burgess Biopower Ratepayer Money Pit
- Biden’s EV Push May Hit Mining Regs Pothole
- Remote Work Makes Commuter Rail Even Less Viable
- Addressing Three Myths That Block New Apartment Construction
- Government Shapes Your Food and Beverage Options More Than You Might Realize
- Kuster, Pappas Blame COVID, Not Spending, for Inflation. Economists Disagree.
- From ‘Social Credit Scores’ to Driver’s Ed, Legislators Often Assume More Knowledge Than They Have
- How License Requirements Slow the Spread of Hot New Services Such As Blow Dry Bars
- Temporary Licenses Offer Life Support for N.H. Health Care System As Permanent Fix Proves Elusive
- After School Choice Week, Legislators Consider Bills To Limit Choice
- Why School Choice Is the Most Powerful Education Reform
- N.H. Business Tax Revenues’ Stunning Surge
- CLINE: When It Comes To Preparing for Winter, Squirrels Think We’re Idiots
- State Laws Have Limited the Supply of New Hospital Beds for Decades
- During COVID, Student Performance Has Been Worse in Districts That Spent More Time Online
- Will Maine’s Anti-Mining Laws Keep Green-Tech Minerals Underground?
- Having a Happy Thanksgiving? Thank Capitalism.
- Transportation & Climate Initiative Dies After Other States Finally Follow N.H.’s Lead
- Biden’s ‘Old School’ Politics: Blame Big Oil for Gas Price Surge
- CLINE: It’s Not Manchin and Sinema. It’s the Spending, Stupid
- Local Building Regulations Drive N.H. Housing Shortage, Bartlett Study Shows
- 96.5% of NH COVID Infections, 93.5% of Deaths Are Among Unvaccinated, but State Doesn’t Publicize the Data
- CLINE: New Hampshire Should Welcome Afghan Refugees
- CLINE: The Unvaccinated Account for 98% of N.H. COVID Deaths Since Feb. 1, State Data Show
- CLINE: How the State Budget Enhances the Legislature’s Emergency Powers
- New Hampshire’s COVID-19 Emergency is Over
- Biden Administration Argues That States Can Tax Non-Resident Telecommuters
- Does Anyone in New Hampshire Actually Work for Minimum Wage?
- CLINE: How Better Vaccine Incentives Can Help Shorten the Pandemic
- CLINE: Low Labor Force Participation Is Holding Back NH’s Economy
- How NH Hurts Craft Brewers — and Consumers — to Protect Other Businesses
- CLINE: Vaccinations Killed the Mask Mandate
- CLINE: N.H. Leading New England In Making Vaccine Available to Population
- Two Ways To To Decide Whether Right To Work Is Right for New Hampshire
- CLINE: Merrimack Station, Coal Power and Moral Responsibility
- CLINE: State Business Tax Cuts Have Not Led To a Reduction in State Revenue
- CLINE: Schools Can Reopen Safely, Research Shows
- Pipeline Constraints Put New England At Risk in Extreme Weather, ISO Warns
- How Would NH Handle a Presidential Vacancy Before the Election?
- August’s Big Drop in COVID-19 Numbers Brings N.H. Back To Spring Levels for Top Three Metrics
- Every Now and Then, You Have to Punch Massachusetts in the Face
- The New York Times’ Double Endorsement Further Undermines Newspaper Credibility
- New Hampshire Activists Demand to Close Coal Plant They’ve Inadvertently Kept Alive
The CDC Was Off Mission When COVID Hit; That’s Why They Got It So Wrong.
By Chris Woodward on June 04, 2023
How does an agency named the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention fail to “control…
Ron DeSantis Talks Trump, McEnany and Ted Williams With NHJournal
By Michael Graham on June 02, 2023
What's Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis like when you sit down with him one-on-one and talk…