As Americans, we are an optimistic and generous people. We are compassionate, kind and committed to helping every individual in our country have the opportunity to fulfill their full potential. Ours is a bold and exciting vision for the future.
In order to achieve our destiny, however, there are 5 fundamental pillars that must be fully embraced. These pillars provide clarity as to our values and the bedrock foundation for our forward progress as a nation.
- Freedom. Freedom of expression, freedom of speech, freedom of thought. While we will always seek to treat others with respect, we must always stay steadfast in our fundamental commitment to our First Amendment freedoms.
- All individuals are deserving of equal treatment and must be judged solely on the ‘content of their character’ – without prejudice based on race, creed, sex, or other such attributes.
- We are a nation of laws. We are also a nation of immigrants. And while we support continued immigration into our country, we support only a legal and rational process for immigration. We must have secure borders and show the proper respect for those who have come into our country legally and not ‘cut the line.’
- Voting integrity. We must have full confidence that our elections are fair and honest. We support the right of every eligible voter to cast a ballot, but we also need to make certain that our election processes are fully transparent and that only those who are registered and qualified to vote are able to do so.
- Our freedom is entirely dependent on our ability as a nation to defend ourselves. Our greatest, and perhaps only existential threat is that posed by Communist China. The Chinese people are ruled by an evil and ruthless regime that is bent on world domination. Our American freedom is at stake in this struggle. We must awaken to this threat and do absolutely all that is required to maintain our military, strategic and economic leadership if we are to preserve freedom for future generations of Americans.
These are the ‘5 Pillars of Patriotism.’ They are principles. Principles that can serve to unite us. Each is necessary in itself as an essential building block for our progress.
Taken together, they serve as a guiding light, a beacon of hope, a vision for how together we can unite for a proud and exciting future.